Saturday, November 30, 2013

Matryoshkas Field Guide. 15.21. Retired agents may or may not be forcibly visually impaired at the discretion of Home Office

Mind MGMT #15
The Exile
Writer/Artist: Matt Kindt
September 2013
Darkhorse Comics

***SPOILER ALERT***

5...

4...

3...

2...

1...

0.5...

0.1...

GO!


It's Lyme's turn for the spotlight. What a disgusting human being. I feel sorry for the guy. It's kind of messed up, but I relish in his decision to let himself be punished for his actions; it's respectable in a way. I feel kind of sad looking back at that scene, but at the same time he clearly wanted to be punished (since he said that he had control over the Immortals). I get the vibes that since he tormented Meru so much over the years that he will somehow save her later on. Probably from the Eraser and her crew of Mind Misfits. I'm greatly looking forward to reading all the issues back-to-back and putting the pieces of the puzzle together.

I have a soft spot for Lyme now... Even though what he did was unforgivable, he's such an openly flawed character that it's hard to not sympathize with him. Perhaps there are subliminal messages encoded in this issue that are telling me to feel this way. Or could it be Matt Kindt's superb storytelling techniques? Maybe the MGMT is telling me what to write here...

I will never know...

No comments:

Post a Comment