Thursday, November 29, 2012

Bedlam #2 Variant Cover


So this is my first post... I don't really know what I'm doing yet so for now I'll jump right in. This is the variant cover of Bedlam #2 published by Image Comics. It immediately jumped out at me because, well... it's an homage to "The Killing Joke!" 

Back in the day, I used to want my favourite image of the Joker tattooed on my body (thankfully it didn't happen). That image came from Alan Moore/Brian Bolland's "The Killing Joke," which was the first comic I ever read (officially read/bought [not necessarily in that order...]). Anywho, pretty much everyone who's read the debut issue of the new series "Bedlam" knows that the new protagonist/anti-hero named Madder Red is not unlike that of the familiar Joker character, and yet brings a new take on the crazed serial killer archetype. I won't spoil the issue, as I'd hate to read a review myself that dishes out all the goods from any type of artform, but I highly recommend the series. I have yet to read issue #2, but the first issue was mindblowingly entertaining and had me craving more even before I had finished reading it. Once I've read the issue, I'll write a spoiler-free review and let you know my thoughts on the writing, artwork, and overall value of the comic. 


In the coming weeks, I plan to gradually introduce myself and explain why it is I'm blogging and why you should be reading these words! I intend on reviewing my favourite monthly comics (roughly 1-2 a week to start, until I get into the groove of reviewing) as a means to gain practice and experience writing and documenting my thoughts about my favourite hobby EVER: Comics. Who knows, maybe one of these days I'll get around to writing my own comics.


Until next time...


Steve Snow 

No comments:

Post a Comment